Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Burnin' Up!

Oops, sorry for the 5 Missed Days! School has been going really well and I am starting to enjoy it more. I have made a few friends and found a few to sit with at lunch. Drama class has been great and we have been doing tons of fun exercises. The teacher said that tomorrow we are going to start on "Character Analysis" so that doesn't sound like much fun. I don't really know though, i just think "Analysis" sounds like a boring thing, haha.

Oh yea, I haven't mentioned this but I made a new video over the weekend. Don't judge it by my singing, lol. I suck plus I wasn't really trying. I think the more videos I do like it will make it easier for me to sound better. Yea, I still stink but I could do much better than that, lol.


Writing the lyrics was the fun part, lol. I also liked editing the audio using the "Auto-Tune" effect. It's the same effect used in "Lollipop" and Rihanna's "Disturbia". Of course I didn't use it at full power like those do, but I want to in some other video because it sounds so awesome.

Today in Physical Science we did a Scavenger Hunt type thing with converting measurements (ex. 100ml = ___ L). It really helped in memorizing how to convert using Dimensional Analysis. There is that word again...Analysis.

Tonight at Scouts I had my Board of Review for "Life Rank". That is when you have a meeting alone in a room with 2 leaders. In this case it was two leaders that don't come that often. I've only seen one occasionally, the other used to be very active in the troop when I first started. When I walked in the room the leader I knew was like "Oh no, tell them to send someone in who isn't a troublemaker like you". haha. I sat down and they asked me a serious of questions about scouting in general like what was my favorite merit badge and what did I plan on doing for my Eagle Project. Then, the leader I knew talked about how proud he was of me and how I set a great example to all the guys. He said he is looking forward to being at my Eagle Ceremony and will be proud to see me make it that far. He reminded me of when I was pretty new and he set up an orienteering course and split us into groups. He said my group was really lost and confused but i stepped up and led the group and we made it very close to the last destination and beat everyone else. He said that was my "turning point" in the program and he has seen me increase greatly in my self-confidence, commitment, and determination since I joined. Wow, I guess that just really means a lot to me coming from him.

After the Conference, Reagan was next so I waited on him to get out. When he was done I asked him how it went. He said they asked him about the same stuff as me pretty much. I asked him if they said all the "proud of you" stuff but he said "what? no.". So that kinda makes me feel better about it knowing it wasn't something they kinda told everyone. But yea, they said that I answered every question with a great answer and congratulated me. I was happy :)

So now it's about time for bed. I haven't heard from Jake since Monday night but I hope he writes soon. I've written him like twice since his last message. I miss you man! haha, I know weeks are busy for him though and I'm glad he is having a good time.

Well, I guess that is it for tonight. Have an awesome night everyone! Especially you Jake, Gage, Scooby, and ummmm.... anyone else! Oh, my friend George made a blog so I put him in my friend's blog links to the right. Check it out!

Your maaaaaaan,
Clifton

2 comments:

Diana32 said...

you rock and roll!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're quite good. I'm worse. I sound like a sheep.