Wednesday, August 6, 2008

High School Orrientation

Hey!

Today was pretty awesome. I woke up around 10AM and at breakfast and got ready for the orientation at my new school. It started at 2PM but we got there a few minutes earlier. I called Olivia and we met up at the entrance. When we first got there we had to wait in line outside to get into the building. When we got to the door they checked a card type thing my mom filled out and sent us to get our IDs. There wasn't that long of a line. In front of me was my friend Robert who used to be in my scout troop. I talked to him for a few minutes. He is going to be a freshman this year. Anyways, when I got to the front of the line I handed that form thing to the lady. She asked what grade I was in and if I was a first time student. She also asked where I was coming from. I told her and she entered it into the computer. Then I stood in front of this blue paper they had up. They took my picture and then handed me my ID on a thing to wear arounf my neck. We have to wear our IDs at all times during school. It sounds kinda weird to me but I guess it's how they keep track of all the students.

After Olivia and I got our IDs we went to the next room to get our schedules. We had to wait in a long line though. We finally got our schedules. Here is mine:

First Semester -
1: American History
2: Spanish 1
3: Playwriting/Performance
4: Physical Science Honors

Second Semester -
1: English 2
2: Speech
3: Health/Success
4: Geometry

I'm not sharing any classes with Olivia unfortunately but I kinda figured it might be that way. After our schedules our next stop was to get our lockers. We told the lady our combinations and she gave us a locker number. Guess what, me and Olivia have lockers right beside each other. Yay!

At the end of the hall Olivia went to get her parking pass but they wouldn't let her until she passed her drivers test. She tried this morning but they didn't pass her. She's trying again later this week.

Our next stop was to get our books. We handed someone our IDs and schedules. We went to the other side of the room. They called out our names and handed us our books. Wow they are big! I got my History, Science, and Spanish books. Our History one is the biggest and it has over a thousand pages in it! Holy Crap!

They told us they were waxing the floors in the building where our lockers were so we couldn't put our books up. I am going to get so lost the first day!

By the way, thanks Shelley and Matt for the MySpace messages giving me info on the teachers. It helps a lot to know how they are, lol.

When I got home I talked with Gage. He broke his leg today playing basketball so I hope it heals soon! I told him I wanted to sign his cast, lol. I wish I could.

I watched the episode I missed of the Secret Life of the American Teenager online. I also watched some episodes of my favorite show when I was younger, "So Weird". That show has got to be one of Disney Channel's best. I wish they would put it back on the air.

I did some work on my blog today. I am using this account with adsense so I have ads under every few posts. I used to have a banner on the side bar but it looked kind of out of place so I took it off and replaced it with a video bar of my latest videos. Although I recommend you go to my Youtube Page so you can rate and comment them as well.

That is about it for today. I hope everyone has an awesome night, especially you Jake. You too Gage! And you Kristian, Dustin, Ashton, Cory, or whoever the heck else is reading! ☺

Your Public High School Dude,
Clifton

No comments: