Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day...

Hey,

So today was my first day in the Public High School. I was really nervous about going this morning. I had to write Jake because he is my comfort buddy, haha. I promised him I would tell him all about it so I thought, "What better way than through my blog?". So here ya go man....

My mom woke me up this morning around 6:15. I ate some breakfast and got dressed and ready. We were taking my brother and his friend from down the road to his new school first. They are both in middle school. So we left here about 7:15 and dropped them off about 7:30. We pulled up at my school around 7:45. That's when the butterflies kicked in. Tons of people! I got out of the van and walked up under the area in front of "A" Building. I saw no one i know. I felt really weird standing by myself but as I looked around there were others. After a few minutes I saw Olivia come walking up. I felt a lot better seeing someone I knew. Well I actually saw a few people I knew walk by but they didn't see me. They were all older though.

Any ways, we looked around and saw Michael standing by himself. He was in our class at my old school. We talked with him and then the bell rang for us to go to class.

We were totally lost. Olivia and I finally found our lockers after wandering the halls forever! Luckily our home room was in the same hall way. She had a different one but she was across from me. I walked in and set down in an empty seat. The teacher was also my Second Block Spanish teacher. We had a moment of silence which I now realize is like a prayer time if you want. Lol, I didn't know what it was for at first. Then we had the pledge and the TV came on for morning announcements. The teacher was passing back papers for us to get signed. They were mainly for homeless people, lol. That's really weird and sad to think that some kids in my school don't have homes to go to. Anyways, after a few announcements the bell rang for us to be dismissed.

I then headed to my First Block, American History. I asked a teacher for directions to get to the classroom printed on my schedule but he told us that there was a mistake and he sent us to the room we were supposed to be at. I followed a group of guys there. I really don't know how I'm gonna find it tomorrow. The teacher went over the classroom rules and went over our plans for the year. We talked a little bit about basic facts about our country. I can't believe there were 3 people who didn't know what the capital of the US was...

My next class was Spanish 1, which is the same teacher and room I have as homeroom. She is really nice. She started out the class telling us about herself in Spanish. Most people were like, "huh?" but weirdly I understood most of it. I guess those Spanish classes in Elementary really did pay off. She then gave us little pieces of cereal. Each color of the cereal represented a question that we had to answer in Spanish. She had the stuff on the board so it was mainly just an exercise to get to know everyone. The questions were: Name, Grade, Age, Favorite Music, and What you did this summer. We went around the room answering. Then she gave us a list of popular Spanish names and we each had to choose one to use throughout the semester. I chose Enrique because it sounded sexy, haha. I like it though.

Third block, Play writing/Performance, was next. I finally found the classroom after asking a teacher about the wrong room number then having to go back and ask again, lol. But when I got there it was cool. They had a mirror that filled up a whole wall. I found out I was the only person the teacher didn't know, haha. So I was out of all the inside jokes. But it was cool because it is a very laid back class. We went around the room telling about ourselves, what plays we had been in, what did we do over the summer, and something interesting about ourselves. I didn't really know anything interesting but she helped. At the beginning of class I told her what school i went to. So when I didn't know anything interesting she asked how long I had went to -------. I told her since first grade. She said wow and asked if I knew another girl who used to go there. Duh! Who doesn't know everybody at my old school. It was like a family...too bad I left. Anyways, the class was AWESOME. We didn't really do much but she said tomorrow we were going to the stage to do some exercises so I'm jazzed about that. Wow...I just used a Jake word!

Oops! About 10 minutes into 3rd block we had lunch. I have the first lunch period. I went to my locker and got my lunch. I decided to eat outside since it wasn't so crowded and there were other people out there. This one kid in my Spanish class came up and introduced himself to me. He was pretty cool, lol. Other than that I ate alone. Oh yeah, my drama teacher had lunch duty so she came over and introduced me to a few people. I kept my eye on her to know when the class was over just in case there wasn't a bell, lol. But there was. Then I returned back to 3rd block.

Then is was time for my last class of the day, Physical Science. I'm gonna rush this because it's getting late. The class was really fun. We talked about assumption and stuff and did a couple of fun activities. I think this is gonna be an awesome class.

So at the end of the day, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I scared myself too much from watching TV, haha. But it's pretty cool and I think I'm gonna get used to it.

Jake...I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to email you this afternoon. When I got home my Internet wasn't working so I worked on it for like an hour until I finally fixed it. Then I had to get ready for scouts. Crap, I didn't even have time to talk about that. I was planning on emailing you after this entry but it's past 11PM and I want to get to bed early because I'm about to pass out. Just write me back after you read this. Besides, this was pretty much all for you and myself. You rock dude!

Everyone have a great night! Especially you Jake, Gage, Dustin, Kristian, and any other readers! Tell me your name so I can mention you, lol.

Night,
Clifton

No comments: