Thursday, August 21, 2008

Late For Class!

Hey!!!

Today was pretty good. It started out really sucky though.

So I got to school like last time. It was a little less crowded. When the bell rang we went to our lockers. I assumed we went to homeroom which was right next to my locker but the teacher told me that we go to first block. Well... this was one of the classes that was changed on me. I had written down A109 on my schedule, but the A109 wasn't the one I was looking for. I went up to a teacher and said i think i have the wrong class. He told me it should be C109. I had no clue where the C building was because I didn't know I left the A Building last time. I found it but all I saw was the gym. Then guess what...the late bell rang.

I went back into the main entrance of A Building and approached the window that said "Attendance Office". There was a lady in there and I explained to her what had happened. She showed me how to get to my class and wrote me an excuse. Oh god that was embarrassing. I had a feeling it was gonna be a really bad day.

I went to my class about 5 minutes late and turned in my slip. I noticed he didn't put anything in the computer and just read over it and threw it away. We talked about the Ancient tribes in the Americas and West Africa. We had to do several questions out of the book but we went over most of them as a class.

In 2nd Block the Spanish teacher said she got an email saying I was absent to first period. How did I know. She questioned me about it because she is also my home room teacher and she remembered me coming in earlier. I told her I turned in my slip. She told me to talk to my 1st Block teacher in the morning about it to get it fixed. Ok, trouble over..I hope. Spanish was pretty cool today. We worked on learning each others Spanish names and asking what their name was in Spanish. We also learned the alphabet. Weirdly, I knew it before hand. In Elementary we had a Spanish class about twice a week. We learned a song for the Alphabet so when we started going over it today it was really easy to recall. Most people didn't get it at all. Near the end of class we went around spelling our Spanish names out in Spanish. Most people had to use the chart and find each letter, but I just said it from memory. I got a lot of weird stares, lol. But the "perfecto" from the teacher was great, haha. I just thought it was pretty cool I remembered all that. I used to be so obsessed with learning Spanish as a second language I used to check out audio books at the library to learn, although those never helped, haha. Our homework was to learn to spell our last name in Spanish. Easy!

Near the end of Spanish I asked one of the guys I've been talking to and he said that he has first lunch too (same guy from yesterday) and that we go straight there after this class. So I ate lunch alone again. I didn't see him though but he is a freshman so i know that they have different areas and stuff. I feel weird sitting alone. I feel emo sitting alone, lol. I don't know why. Speaking of that, there was this 10th grader who had bright yellow hair. Holy crap that was awesome! It was different but it looked so cool. I wonder what it would be like if I dyed my hair that color.... Just kidding!

Third block, Theater, was amazing. We started out talking about trust and teamwork and took notes. Then we went to the stage. Wow! It felt like being in High School Musical or something! It was HUGE! Our stage at my old school was tiny and basically a big hole in the wall. This thing had several curtains and a real backstage area. Oh my gosh it was amazing! Anyways, out there we did some trust exercises. The first one was kinda serious. We all stood at the back of the stage and the teacher asked a bunch of question. Each one that was true about us we took a step forward. It started out with questions like "You have blue eyes" or "you are an only child" but as we got closer to the end the questions were deeper. Some were like "have you ever had a parent or guardian pass away" and "you feel good about yourself". I think it was a really good exercises and helped us gain trust with others. The other thing was more of a fun exercises. We got in a circle and took off one shoe. We could take off the other shoe too, lol, just put it back some. The game was called "Do You like your neighbor". We start out with one person in the middle. They then go up to a random person in the circle and ask, "Do you like your neighbor?". If you say yes, the 2 people on either side of you have to switch places before the person asking the question did. If you said no you had to say one thing you didn't like about them (ie. they are wearing jeans, they have white socks") then everyone in the circle who met that had to run to find a spot in the circle before someone else got it. It's pretty confusing but it was fun. Oh yeah I forgot one but I am running out of time. It was fun though, lol.

The sophomores had an assemble at 2:15 so we met in the auditorium (where i had just been on stage) and had a meeting. The principal introduced the office staff and stuff. I was appalled at the amount of disrespect some students showed. When the Guidance Director went on stage people were shouting out bad and disrespectful names at him. They also applauded all the assistant principals but actually booed one of them. I know, I sound like a retard, but I felt really hurt for them and sad that the students did that. It really pissed me off to be honest. I don't have time to get into why I think it's wrong but it just sickened me and hurt me for those teachers. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Fourth blog was pretty good. We worked in groups and talked about the scientific method and variables. We have a quiz tomorrow but I think I'm pretty prepared for that. We had homework but I finished it in class. After the bell rang the teacher talked to me as I packed up. No, not because i was in trouble, he just asked where i was from and what school i came from. I don't think he recognized my old ones name, haha.

You know, it's weird, but no one has asked me about my arm yet. I don't know if its because they are scared to ask or they don't care. I don't mind answering, it's good that someone notices me, haha. Ok I sound like a total loser now :p

Well, that's it for this entry. It's long, I'm sorry Kristian! But I have a lot more to write about now. Have a good night Jake and Gage. I'll talk to yall tomorrow. TGI Friday!!!

Amor,
Enrique (Clifton)

1 comment:

Kristian said...

That was long but very good. I liked it.