Monday, August 11, 2008

New Truck

Hey!

Sorry I didn't finish my entry last night, I got tired!

Today was pretty good. I didn't do much. My dad told me yesterday about this truck he wanted to by from his friend and today he went to get it. Around noon he went to pick up some new wheels for it from my uncle and in the afternoon he bought the truck. It was only 300 dollars but it needs a lot of fixing up. The windshield is cracked and it needs a new paint job. He wants to sell it after he is done or give it to me. I don't know if I would want a truck, I'd rather have a car. But it depends on how it looks after it is fixed up.

Oh yeah, I made this video yesterday afternoon:
Shake It - Miley's Video


Description:
I knew it! This Metro Station's track "Shake It" played over Miley's video for "Start All Over". I made no cuts or edits in the video itself, it is exactly as is. Maybe Miley's producers had connections with Trace's. Who knows!?!

---
Ok so now I am going to continue where I left off last entry.

Saturday:
Alex woke us up about 6:00AM because he said it was our chapter's turn to do kitchen duty. So we got up and ready and got down to the dining hall in about 20 minutes. There Alex, Tucker, Reagan, and I helped wash dishes and get stuff ready for breakfast. They didn't need that much help though so we left while the cooks finished up.

Breakfast was great. We had sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and grits. After we ate Reagan and Tucker had a short meeting about their Brotherhood projects. Guess what? They were assigned to work in the kitchen! I had nothing better to do since Alex and his dad were going to work in the trading post so I decided to help Tucker and Reagan. So we helped clean up. Around 9:30 they told us we can take a break and come back at 11AM. At camp, they worked on some of the written work and worked on memorizing the Obligation and Song. We came back and we helped get the salad ready while the other kitchen staff made hot dogs.

Lunch was pretty good too. We had hot dogs, baked beans, and salad. After supper Reagan and Tucker had another meeting and after that they each went up and recited what they memorized to the lodge chief and answered a few questions and turned in their work. They both passed! We were dismissed but we wanted to go back and help in the kitchen because it was fun. We helped make brownies and apple cobbler. We mixed the brownies in a HUGE bowl. We even got to lick the spoons, haha.

We told the cook we were going to go watch the Ordeal Ceremony so she said ok and said we could come back any time and help her out. We signed her list of names she had of people who had helped in the kitchen that weekend to turn into the lodge.

When we got back to camp our Ordeal guys were there. They were still supposed to....uhhh, can't say that. Let's just say they were still in the middle of the Ordeal and they kinda broke some rules but oh well, there was no one around, haha. They told us about what happened to each of them the previous night and we talked about what we had done. They were split up into two groups, one had 2 of our guys and the other had 4. We planned on going to the ceremony with the most of our guys but got mixed up on locations for the ceremonies (there were many in different places for several groups) but luckily, we made it to the one with 2 of our guys. The ceremony went pretty good. I liked mine better but that could be because it was all new to me and so mysterious and exciting. But this one still went great. When they were done Reagan, Tucker, and I went down to shake all of their hands and congratulate them. Overall there were 150 candidates that went through the Ordeal. 149 of them made it (1 hurt his leg Friday night and spent the weekend at the health lodge. He will be able to redo it in the fall though). When we finished congratulating them we met up with the leader and the scout from our troop and went back to camp. In a little while the other Ordeal group got back! Congratulations!
New Ordeal Members in my troop:
Leaders - Todd, Dewitt
Scouts - Matthew, Justin, Jacob, Brian

Yay troop! After that we went down to the dining hall to wait for supper. Reagan, Tucker, and I went back to help in the kitchen.

We were working on getting the stuff out of the fridge for the salad and suddenly the power went out. We figured they had blown a fuse because they had the projector set up in the main area, but they found out the power was out throughout the entire camp! Uhoh! Luckily they were almost done with the food and they had a gas stove so we still ate, just a few minutes late and in the dark.

We had Lasagna, Bread sticks, and Salad. It was goooood! The Ordeal guys pigged out. Tucker stupidly offered to help out with serving and didn't get to eat until all of us were done, even with seconds. Sucks for you man! After that we had ice cream and the brownies and cobbler we made. I didn't eat the cobbler because I was so full but the brownies were delicious.

After that Reagan and Tucker went to get ready for their Brotherhood Ceremony. I stayed with the Ordeal guys while they got their packets. After that they had a Vigil Tap out for about 6 guys. The Ordeal guys signed the book (we have a book for the lodge with a page for each camp out since 1984. It's really cool to flip through! I found my signature on each of the OA camp outs I've been on in the past. After that we all headed up to camp.

I didn't go to the Brotherhood Ceremony because I didn't have anyone to go with and I didn't know where it was. Later I found out Alex and his dad went but I wasn't with them. The Ordeal guys and leaders went to bed early except Matthew. We planned to pull a prank on Reagan. He moved Reagan's mattress and sleeping bag to the floor and took his bunk. We waited forever for them to get there! Finally we heard them coming so we pretended to be asleep. Reagan told Tucker and then started to sleep on the floor. Then me and Matt "woke up" and told them it was supposed to be a prank. We expected Reagan to wake Matt up and Matt was gonna jump up like he was having a nightmare and scare the crap out of Reagan but it didn't go as planned. Oh well.

I congratulated Tucker and Reagan and we talked about the ceremony. We forgot Matt wasn't Brotherhood so he kinda heard about it. Oops! Haha, he probably has already forgot. Then we went to bed.

Sunday:
Justin set his alarm to go off at 6AM. We wanted to get out of there early so we wouldn't have to stay for breakfast (the power was still out by the way, they didn't get it back on) and we didn't want to stay for Chapel and Checkout. That always took forever. So we packed up and all of our guys snuck out of the Adirondack area, pass the Dining Hall, and to the bus. The official wake up time was 7AM. We were out of the camp at 6:54. Haha! We beat it! Once we got out of the mountains a little bit we stopped at McDonalds for breakfast. When we were leaving there was this weird guy beside our bus trying to capture wild cats for his church to neuter and return to the woods. Umm....ok! He had a weird accent too so after he told us that we kinda walked away. Once we got on the bus we all busted out laughing. It was funny and yet creepy!

So we got back to the church at about 9:30. It was good to be back home!

------------------

Finally! That was a long entry, sorry about that...

So yeah, that is pretty much how it went. Thanks for taking the time to read (if you really did).

I hope everyone has an awesome night, especially you Jake. Thanks for the nice things you said in your Journal. It means a lot. I am so glad you are my best OL friend! You rock dude!

Goodnight,
Clifton

1 comment:

Ajnabi said...

dude - you are really doing awesome work. i just saw video of What if by Kate winslet made by you with Titanic clips. i've no words to explain how much i like it. I've posted d same on my blog..

i will chk other videos also on your channel.

Good luck and take care...