Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm In OA, And I Like It...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I know you missed me!

The campout went really, really good. You want to hear about it? No? Too bad!

Friday around 3:30PM we got to the church. My dad dropped me off and I found out one of our leaders was not going which really disappointed me because he was one of the reasons I was going. He was also going as an Older Brother. Oh well...

After everyone showed up we loaded onto the bus and headed to camp. It was about a 2 our drive. We stopped at Wendy's on the way and got food to carry back to the bus to eat. When we got to camp we got off the bus, put our trash in one of the leader's coolers (haha) and grabbed our gear. We walked over to Registration. Two of our guys were already there, one leader and one adult (father and son). They are both Older Brothers as well. The thing is, they got there hours before we did and were already somewhere else. There were only 3 of us who were not going for our Ordeal: Reagan, Tucker, and me. The Ordeal guys and leaders got in line to register but we didn't know what to do. We asked one of the leaders and they sent us to the front to sign up. We went in and gave our Medical Forms and names and they gave Reagan and Tucker their wristbands since they were going for Brotherhood. They sent us out. But still...we didn't know where to go to put our stuff. We went back to the leader and he sent us in again. They told us to sign a sheet and hopefully find somewhere to sleep. How nice... So we signed it for one area just to have our name somewhere and got out of there. Back outside we told our leaders what happened and they didn't know what we were supposed to do either. So Reagan, Tucker, and I grabbed our stuff and headed up the mountain alone...

When we got to the Dining Hall we saw the scout and his dad their. Alex (the scout) led us up to where we were staying. We got the same Anderondac we did at the Fall Fellowship. We all set up our stuff on our bunks. We took off our Class A's and rested for a while. Then we headed back to the Dining Hall. We didn't see our guys there so we headed down to the trading post. Tucker bought some Ordeal flaps and I wanted to buy my 2 brotherhood ones. When I got up there I handed them my money they looked on a list to make sure I wasn't lying to them. Well.... I wasn't on the list. They gave me my money back and told me to go to the HQ to get that fixed.

We got Alex's dad to come with us to help. When we got in there they checked the database and found that my dues were unpaid. I was pretty sure I paid them earlier this year (NOW confirmed by my mom). I told them I am pretty sure my OA fees are up to date. They told me that I should be responsible for it and it's not up to them to know. Uuuhhh! Yes it is you RETARD! You guys are in charge of collecting our money. What did you do with it, spend it on that shrimp you were eating?

Anyways, after that whole Ordeal (pun intended) they found out that didn't have Reagan on record for being in the OA. Shall I say it again? RETARDS! You should keep up with important info like that. Sorry, just had to have my little SF (Scout Fit)! Haha!

So when that was over Tucker, Reagan, and I headed back to camp. It was pitch black outside. We didn't bring our flashlights because we didn't know it would take that long. So we used my digital camera on the trail, haha. We took pictures every few seconds to light the path from the flash. It really helped and I don't know what we would have did without it.

We got there and noticed that Alex and his dad wern't there yet. So we decided to wait up and scare them. Well we waited...and waited...and waited until finally we heard someone coming up the stairs. We hid in the corner of the Anderondack to scare them but it wasn't them. Instead, this was a large group of guys. They didnt see us because we were hiding but then we asked what they needed. Their leader told us that this was their Anderondack and we needed to leave. I told them that I was the SPL and we had already claimed this one. They said they signed up for it first. I said we got here first. Luckily, here came the leader we were waiting on and he convinced (more like forced) them to find another. He had that spot since 2PM and he said he sure as heck wasn't gonna give it up yo a group of guys just coming in. But yeah, we got that settled.

Ok now it's like 12:30 in the morning so I am going to wrap up here for the night. I still haven't got to Saturday which was the main day but I will update that in the morning.

In other news, I found out my old school was vandelized last night...again. At first I heard that it was massive vandelizm. Here is what I posted on myspace. All the info came from another bulletin a student had posted before it but i wanted to repost to those who didnt have him added.

I just heard from 2 students that ******** was "massively vandalized". I am unsure what all has happened but I just wanted to inform those who may not have the other students added. If you did it or have any information about it.. please admit to it. I know it seems like it ruins the fun, but it is the right thing to do and the charges and stuff will be a lot less. I know it's not something you often think about... but think about what people like Mrs. W*****s are going through now. I know she was very upset last time it happened, and this year it seems to be a whole lot worse.


Also...since when is Mrs. H*****s not coming back??? I know she told us that at the end of school but I have heard from her over the summer (from another teacher and a student who has talked to her) about her coming back. This is as recent as the end of July. On (school website) it has some other lady as the HS math teacher. What the heck is going on.


Anyone who has heard any more info about the above situations please let me know. I'm not going back to *** next year but I really do care about the school and faculty.


So yeah. Later I was called a queer by another student for posting it but I really don't care. Unlike some people I actually care about the school and the faculty. I just hope they get everything cleaned up and nothing else happens before the school year.

So yeah, i need to get to bed. Goodnight everyone! I will finish the campout post tomorrow.

See ya,
Clifton

No comments: