Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Hey everyone!

It's been a few days since I last updated. Hello September! Happy Labor Day!!! No school today, heck yea!

As you all know, Hurricane Gustav has been threatening the Caribbean area for the past several days. Today it made landfall in Louisiana but has now weekend to a Category 1 Hurricane. There still have been several deaths and injuries involved with this storm so my prayers go out to all the families and victims who have been harmed by this storm. And Hurricane Hanna is on her way right behind it. They say it is supposed to head up the Carolina coast this coming weekend, which is when we are supposed to have our Scout trip to the beach. I hope they don't cancel. Hopefully they just reschedule it or something. But who knows, they could have been wrong on their predictions of where Hanna is heading. I guess we just have to wait and see what it does.

Friday I started on a family project with taking a bunch of our old family photos and scanning them onto my computer to back up on CD or on a Flash Drive. So far I am about half way done. Here is a video I made with pics of me when I was a kid, haha!



I miss being a kid!

This weekend I also announced the winners to my Titanic video contest:
1st - xxkeelimexx
2nd - LeoFan4Life
3rd - Splee3311

Congratulations!!!! And also a big thanks to everyone else who entered.

I got to chat with Jake last night and it was really good to talk with him. It's been a few days since I had heard from him so I was anxious to talk to him, haha. I really wish we could be friends in person rather than online. It's hard to keep up with each other online but if we were friends in real life I'd probably be involved in everything he is so we'd pretty much be with each other all day. He might would get sick of me but oh well! :p We are like brothers anyways (like I have said many times before), so we are close no matter how far away we are because he is so awesome like that! Thanks for being my friend for so long, you have made my life twice as cool, haha. You rule!

Well that's about it for my weekend. Back to school tomorrow. Awwwww! Do I have to? Oh well, it's a short week and might be going to the beach Friday so it's all good! Everyone have a great night! Especially you Jake. Oh and my other readers. Let's see.... Scooby, Kristian, Gage, Danny (thanks for the guestbook comment!), and ummmm.... YOU! :)

See ya,
Clifton

No comments: