Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beach Bum Be Back

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN! I'm so tired right now. I'm gonna write yawn each time I yawn while updating. Yawn.

This weekend was amazing. I had a blast. So did the guys in the troop. I guess you are probably wondering how it went. Yawn. I guess I should tell you. ;)

BUT FIRST!
When I got home from school Friday I noticed Venetian Princess had posted her video. I checked it and yep, there I was at 0:41! YAY ME! Here is the full video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njyf2WMud_M


Here is a video I made with the full clip I sent to her, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2tZHoXP6o&watch_response


If you pay attention to the ending, theres a little bonus in there!

Ok to the campout! I got to the church around 5PM and once all the guys showed up we loaded our stuff onto the short bus and got some stuff from the scout hut and then headed out. We stopped at Wendy's about half way and had supper. We had to pay ourselves this time. We got to camp around 10ish. I decided to sleep in the camper. Actually it wasnt my decision. There were 6 people sleeping in tents, but they brought their own and had already partnered up. It was either try and fit in a tent with them, or sleep with the other guys in one of the ASM's camper, so what do you think i picked? ;) We all went to bed sort of early that night. We road out to the beach on the golf carts just to check it out and then came back to camp. Night night!

Saturday we got up around 7:30 and got ready to head out for breakfast and the "Beach Sweep". We stopped at McDonalds and then went down to the pier where we normally start. We walked down to where there was like a creek and turned ound and came back. Here are some pictures (I had to link them because they were too wide)
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mnrfr7.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/30lpe07.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/sos5r8.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/152dbnk.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/ljur5.jpg

Yes, I edited the troop number and church name out. So excuse the bad spots, lol.

Then we went out and walked on the peir. We saw like 5 sharks swimming around it! Matt found some fish guts and threw them in and we watched and took pictures of the sharks eating it. But then this man walked up to us and told us it was illegal and if we were caught there would be a $450 fine. Wow! So we had to stop. I have a video of it but I don't want to post any "evidence", haha. But I can show you a picture of our guys looking at the sharks!
http://i36.tinypic.com/34qok5z.jpg

After that we stopped at the store at the start of the pier and got something to drink.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2zrnui9.jpg

After that we had some free time back at camp so we dug in the sand, played in the ocean, played in both the indoor and outdoor pools, and went on paddly boats, haha. It was a really cool afternoon. Oh yeah and some time in between all that we had pizza for lunch back at camp. At around 4PM we had a meeting about what we were going to do that night. I came up with the idea to go to "Broadway at the Beach" and they all liked it. So that's what we did! When we got there we went to Hard Rock Cafe and ate first. I had some kind of Hickory BBQ Bacon 10oz burger thing. It was really good. One of our leaders told them it was Nick's birthday so when they came out to make him a foil hat he went crazy and accidently knocked his glass over with some kind of fruit drink in it and the glass broke. Oops! They gave him a free refill (new glass) though. He told them it wasnt his birthday but they didnt care. they brought him out front and announced his birthday to everyone and gave him ice cream. Haha! Then they made our guys get up there and do the YMCA dance. I got the whole thing on video, i wish i had a way to post it. I don't want to waste space on my youtube for it. If you want to see it and you know me just email me and ill send it.

After that we split up into groups of like 4 and walked around the broadway area. My group didnt really do much but walk around. We went in this candy store with a bunch of pics of girls posing. We called it the X-Rated candy store. It was hilarous going in there with our scout uniforms. There were girls licking all over chocolate and lollipops. It was hilarious. One sign said "WE HAVE BALLS! Gumballs, lemondrop balls, etc." lol. I bought some kind of sugar powder there. Here is a pic from inside the store:
http://i34.tinypic.com/20ru2ox.jpg

Oh, there is this one spot on a bridge with tons or carp so we bought some fish food and threw it in. They all piled up on top of each other to get it. It was hilarious! I have that on video too. Here is a pic of a booth thing right near the walkway, lol.
http://i36.tinypic.com/24ec7tk.jpg

When we were done we ran back to meet the guys at the resteraunt and then headed for the bus. When we got back to camp we were all full of sugar so we talked for a while and then went to bed.

Sunday (today) we woke up and packed our stuff up. We went to the chapel service put on by one of the Venture crews and then came back to camp to finish packing and check for trash. We then headed for the flea market!

We stayed there for an hour and only a couple people bought stuff. There wasn't really anything good there. Plus it was soooo hot! Especially when we got back to the bus. We were Roasting! But then the air cooled off and we were headed home. YAY BEACH SWEEP 2008!

Well I need to go email Jake. God this took so long to do. I should have started earlier. Now I only have 10 minutes before 11 and I still have science homework. This sucks. Night everyone!


Clifton

No comments: