Monday, March 9, 2009

"Where'd I Go?" Asked My Readers.

Where to start???? I know I haven't updated in over a month! I'm really sorry about that. School has been super busy this semester! But my absence has also been a result of my laziness. I have had several chances to update, But I just put it off. I don't know why. Most of my online time has been spent with my YouTube. Last time I updated I was announcing my 1,000th subscriber, and now with over 1,500 I am quickly becoming more popular. No, not a celebrity yet, lol. Maybe one day. But the more viewers I get, the more it inspires me to work on my vids and promotion. I applied for Partnership (where I get paid for making my videos) last Friday and received my rejection letter today. It was pretty disappointing because I thought I would for sure make it this time. Oh well, it gives me more time to work on improving.

I have probably lost a lot of my regular readers, and I really apologize for that. Especially you Jake. I have been updating you in little portions in my emails, but you deserve more. Also, same goes for my new friend on YouTube (you know who you are...”manager”, haha). I am going to try and commit to update daily again. Even if it's only a few sentences, it's better than nothing. I was reading some of my older entries and they were really cool to see how much I've changed. Well not really changed, just matured. I guess that's the right word. I started my journal in December of 2006, when I was 13. Doesn't seem like that long ago, but it really was. My interests have changed, my friends have changed, and my way of thinking has changed. But deep down, I am still the same person I was back then.

So an update on school. Algebra 2 Honors is going good. I was lost earlier in the year, but I think I have caught on now. It's not as hard as it seemed at first. Although I still don't have any friends in there. Well there are two girls from my speech class, but we aren't really friends.

American Govt./Economics Honors is pretty cool. Definitely more entertaining than Survey of American History last semester. The teacher is really nice. She likes for us to do activities to learn instead of just sitting in desks taking notes (which we still do some times). I'm doing pretty good in that class.

English....Blah. The teacher is nice. That's pretty much the only good thing I can say about that class. The teacher assigns us way too much work, and grades very strictly. It's like she doesn't think we have homework in other classes! And although we have been done with “The Great Gatsby” for over 2 weeks, we are still talking about it and doing assignments on it. Give it a rest already! We are starting on Scarlet Letter now. I hope she doesn't take that one as far.

Speech. Ahhh speech. Lol, I love it. My favorite class. It is teaching me a lot, and is very helpful in getting me used to making presentations in front of people. We have another speech that I will have to present on Wednesday. It had to be a PowerPoint presentation. Here is my practice vid.


Scouts is going good. We are changing out positions in a couple weeks. I will be kinda relieved stepping down from SPL. It was a lot of work, and I want to take some time just being a regular scout. I really did like being a leader though. The Jamboree is coming up next summer, I'm really excited about that. I'll be 17, lol. Not excited about growing up, but just going. I love to travel, and had so much fun when I went in 2005. I have a bunch of pics. I used to have them on my old website, but I may rescan some of them some time and put them on here. Oh yeah, and I may get to finally meet my pal Jake there :) That's one of the most exciting parts!

Well, this entry is getting long. I guess I will close here. I hope everyone has a great night, especially you Jake. I'll try to update tomorrow. See ya!

Clifton

No comments: