Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wisdom Teeth Removal (The Experience)

Howdy,

Sorry for the long outage. Been busy with school, scouts, YouTube, and other stuff. But I wanted to update about something. I guess you can tell by the title I recently (yesterday) got my wisdom teeth extracted (4 of them). I figured I would update and tell you about the experience.

First off, I was nervous about the whole thing. I was scared that either they weren't gonna drug me enough or I would die during surgery. Hey u can't blame me.

So yesterday I got to the oral surgeon at about 8:40AM. We almost had to reschedule because my mom let me have a little black coffee that morning because I was really thirsty. But after slightly lying about me only taking a few sips we got past the nurse. They said they would put some nausea stuff in my IV to help. So we sat in the waiting room while I watched the Black Eyed Peas perform on some news program. Then the dreaded moment... "Clifton? Are you ready to come back?" My mom stayed there while the nurse walked me back to a room. I sat down in a dentist chair whle she made me verify my birthday and reason for surgery. Then I had to get weighed (129 pounds) and then I sat back down. She put a blood pressure thing on my arm and stuck two stic ky wire things to my chest and one to my side. The heart monitor started beeping. That kinda calmed me down a little because I knew I was being monitored. She lied the chair back and asked me if I had ever had laughing gas before. I said no and she told me it will make me feel a little bit dizzy and floaty and giggly. She then put a mask over my nose and told me to take deep slow breaths. I closed my eyes at that point because I really didn't want to see anything. Well, I kept breathing but didn't notice anything but my heart monitor thing started beeping faster. I guess I was just nervous. Then the doctor came in and asked how I was doing and I said good. He asked me if I was feeling the gas yet and I said no. He kind of paused and then said to keep taking deep breaths. He put a rubber band around my arm and then told me I would feel a slight pinch. It wasn't that bad. But as I layed there I was wondering why I didn't feel high or why I wasn't asleep. I did little movements to try and let them know I was still conscious. But about 30 seconds later I guess I was out of it. I woke up in a different room in a bed. My mouth was full of gause and it was numb. My mom was in there and I tried to talk to her but I guess I couldn't be understood with a mouth full of cotton. I was fully aware though, and still didn't see any effects of the laughing gas. A nurse came in and told my mom to pull around back. She then walked me out to the car (even though I could walk fine) and we went home.

The rest of the day went pretty fine. The numness started to subside and I took my anti-infection medicine and my pain medicine. The first time I took them I was fine, just slept most of the time. The second time wasn't so good. I threw up at about 8:20PM and again at about 10:30PM. I felt horrible.

This morning I woke up with little pain and actually felt normal. The only problem I had was when I tried to eat beanie weenies and tasted blood but other than that I was fine. I am feeling a little pain right now but just took some Aspirin and feeling better. I didn't swell that much at all but can still feel a little pressure.

So overall, not as bad as I thought. If you have to go through this don't worry yourself so much. I was scared to death when I shouldn't have been. The worst part is after the surgery but even that isn't too ba. You will live. :)

So yeah, just wanted to get that recorded for you. Make sure to keep checking my youtube because I'm more accurate with updating that. I'm also on twitter (I'm addicted) so check that out at http://www.twitter.com/Slyth66 .

Have a great......time until my next update, lol.

Love yall,
Clifton

No comments: